Five Ways to Beat the Post Holiday Blahs
By Out.com Editors
Let�s face it�an awful lot of workplaces go into holiday mode right after Thanksgiving. What with the 3-day weekends, the half-day-before-the-three-day-weekend, and the short-day-because-it�s-the-office-party day, it�s hard to get back to a five-day workweek with nary a holiday in sight. Here are some suggestions for chasing the post holiday blahs.
1. Rededicate yourself to your job.
2. Don�t sweat the job; plan your next vacation.
3. Join a gym. Yes, it will be crowded with all the other get-in-shape for the New Year new members, but at least you�ll have some company.
4. �Catch up with a friend over drinks. Emphasis here is on friends, not the drinking. You probably had enough of that last month.
5. Do something�anything�new. Take a class, get a pet, volunteer. Shake things up before you fall into a winter slump.