The Least Gay-Friendly States in America
By Out.com Editors
1) Texas'Sure, Dallas and Austin are cool, but the governor basically told gays that if they wanted to get married they should get lost.
2) Florida'South Beach is cool, and gay seniors'and even a few younger guys'love Ft. Lauderdale, but the laws governing gay adoption are some of the worst in the nation.
3) Alabama'The place where high officials routinely make homophobic statements and where, according to a January 2005 story in Out magazine, 44% of gay residents have been beaten or assaulted'by their own family members!
4) Kansas'This year, voters in this heartland state overwhelmingly approved a constitutional amendment that bans same-sex couples not only from marrying but also from entering into civil unions.
5) North Dakota'If you have to ask why this state's on the list, you've never tried to hook up in Fargo on a Saturday night.
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- Quote of the Day: Brad Pitt's Musk Smells Better Than Your Cologne
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'