1) TexasSure, Dallas and Austin are cool, but the governor basically told gays that if they wanted to get married they should get lost.
2) FloridaSouth Beach is cool, and gay seniorsand even a few younger guyslove Ft. Lauderdale, but the laws governing gay adoption are some of the worst in the nation.
3) AlabamaThe place where high officials routinely make homophobic statements and where, according to a January 2005 story in Out magazine, 44% of gay residents have been beaten or assaultedby their own family members!
4) KansasThis year, voters in this heartland state overwhelmingly approved a constitutional amendment that bans same-sex couples not only from marrying but also from entering into civil unions.
5) North DakotaIf you have to ask why this states on the list, youve never tried to hook up in Fargo on a Saturday night.