The Least Gay-Friendly States in America
By Out.com Editors
1) Texas�Sure, Dallas and Austin are cool, but the governor basically told gays that if they wanted to get married they should get lost.
2) Florida�South Beach is cool, and gay seniors�and even a few younger guys�love Ft. Lauderdale, but the laws governing gay adoption are some of the worst in the nation.
3) Alabama�The place where high officials routinely make homophobic statements and where, according to a January 2005 story in Out magazine, 44% of gay residents have been beaten or assaulted�by their own family members!
4) Kansas�This year, voters in this heartland state overwhelmingly approved a constitutional amendment that bans same-sex couples not only from marrying but also from entering into civil unions.
5) North Dakota�If you have to ask why this state�s on the list, you�ve never tried to hook up in Fargo on a Saturday night.