Gay Pop Quiz!
By Jeffrey Epstein
In Out's July issue, we offer you the Ultimate Gay Pop Quiz. Here on Out.com you can take this special online-only bonus addition to the quiz to win a prize pack. Prizes include:
- The Mariah Carey CD catalog
- CDs from Shelby Lynne, the Verve, Skott Freedman, Elkland, and Natasha Bedingfield
- A Scissor Sisters music DVD
- DVDs of The Golden Girls: Season 2, Saved!, Team America, Brother to Brother, Kinsey' and The Joan Crawford Collection (The Women, Possessed, Mildred Pierce, and more)
Send an e-mail to PopQuiz@out.com with all the answers ordered numerically (see the end for details). Folks who get them all correct will be put into a drawing to win the prize pack. Answers must be received by July 15, and correct answers will be posted in August. Good luck!
(1) Javier Bardem depicted the life of which gay Cuban writer in the film Before Night Falls?
(2) Which famous fashion designer created the costumes for the movie The Fifth Element as well as The Cook, the Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover?
(A) Gianni Versace
(B) Calvin Klein
(C) Neil Barrett
(D) Jean Paul Gaultier
(E) Donna Karan
(3) What year was The Boys in the Band released?
Bonus: Name all the characters.
(4) Who are the somewhat queer superheroes who sometimes appear on Saturday Night Live?
(5) What kind of teacher did Kevin Kline play in In & Out?
(6) On Absolutely Fabulous, what's the name of Edina Monsoon's gay son?
(7) Name the regular gay characters from these past WB shows:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
(8) The Birdcage was based on what French film?
(9) What state does out gossip columnist Liz Smith hail from?
(10) Name the last four cities where the Gay Games were held, in reverse order starting with the most recent.
(11) What was the name of the group(s) that spun off of ACT UP?
(A) Pink Panthers
(B) Church Ladies for Choice
(C) Queer Nation
(D) Gran Fury
(E) All of the above
(F) None of the above
(12) Who originally sang 'Johnny, Are You Queer?'
(13) What is the Indigo Girls song 'Galileo' about?
(A) An art student
(B) The medical marijuana movement
(D) Animal cruelty
(14) My mother is a gay icon, and I used to work for the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation. Who am I?
(15) Diana Ross played which jazz chanteuse in a 1972 movie?
(16) Vampire Chronicles novelist Anne Rice has a gay son. What's his name?
Bonus: Name his three best-selling novels.
Once again, please e-mail us at PopQuiz@out.com with all the answers ordered numerically. Include your name, e-mail, and mailing address. Only one submission per person. Answers must be received by July 15, and correct answers will be posted in August.