Ten Reasons to Get off Your Rear and Vote
By Out.com Editors
The election is nipping at our heels, and it's time to rally, people. As a motivator, we have come up with a few reasons why it's important to vote. The list does take a couple of things for granted: 1) that you can vote; and 2) that you are a Democrat (or at least leaning toward voting for John Kerry). If you don't fall into either of those categories, well, maybe you should just move on.
1) You get that cute sticker that says 'I voted!'
2) Perhaps as you are entering the voting booth, a total hottie will walk in at the same time. You will bump elbows and instantly fall in love. Hey, it could happen.
3) The idea of a Supreme Court with new members appointed by Bush is about as appealing as having a root canal with no novocaine'that lasts for the rest of your life.
4) Really, wouldn't it be more fun to hear Jay Leno, Jon Stewart, and David Letterman make jokes about a president who's a Democrat?
5) In the counties that still use punch cards, you can keep the 'chads' and use them as confetti at a later date.
6) Any amendment made to the Constitution should give people equal rights, not take them away.
7) It will give you an excuse to wear red, white, and blue clothing and not get laughed at. Oh, who are we kidding? We'll laugh anyway.
8) It's just too cold in Canada, and we doubt they'd give us all citizenship.
9) Do you really want to hear how awful America is every time you leave the country? Trust us, it gets old.
10) It's your right.
READER COMMENTS (
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- Quote of the Day: Josh Hutcherson Describes His Sexuality
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Must See: Mala Mala: A Puerto Rican Trans Documentary