A Gay's Best Friend, Rihanna and Her 'Diamonds'
By Andrew Villagomez
Attention, Rihanna Navy! The "Good Girl Gone Bad" is releasing her music video for "Diamonds" on-air and online today (November 8) at 6:55 P.M. ET/PT on MTV and MTV.com, including a special intro from RiRi herself! Perfect timing with all the Tri-state area's left over snow diamonds in the sky. Fans around the world will also be able to stream the video online on MTV.tv.
Kicking off her seventh album, "Diamonds" will be the second track on Unapologetic. The single debutted at the #1 spot in 27 countries on iTunes, and has made its way to #5 on the Hot 100 list (making it Ri's 23rd Top 10 hit). "[Diamonds] was hopeful...different from what people are used to hearing from me or [would] expect from me as a first single. It was a song with meaning," Rihanna tells MTV News. "That's the whole theme throughout the album, every song has it's own story... very emotional at times."
"It's quite a mellow album compared to my previous albums. But still has a tempo, it is a mid-tempo... a stoner's album, kind of," she adds giggling. Unapologetic will release the Monday before Thanksgiving on November 19, and the deluxe, explicit version (because why get any another?) is available for pre-order on iTunes.
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About <i>Quantum Leap</i> & His Favori
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Culture Wars: Why Is the St Patrick's Day Parade So Important to LGBT Activists?